Five Reasons to Attend Silicon Beach 2013
Time is a commodity we all seem desperately short of (did you see @planbstudio’s talk from last years Silicon Beach event – view it here?). Managing clients, and staff, and their expectations; whilst delivering work to ever increasingly tight deadlines is a full-time job. And so the thought of taking a few days out of the office might seem like a luxury you can ill afford.
But consider these five reasons FOR attending:
1. Inspiration – this year the line is amazing. The full contingent of twenty-one speakers includes the likes of Laura Jordan-Bambach, Russ Lidstone, Emma Mulqueeny, Jason DaPonte and Clare Sutcliffe. It’s not often you’ll get the chance to hear from all of them, all in one place, let alone in Bournemouth.
2. Learn stuff –Andy Earl, Jon Burkhart, Steve Earl and Mark Stevenson have each written best-selling books, people trust what they have to say and act upon it.
(*NB The speakers have all been hand-picked because they’re all inspirational and you’ll learn something from each of them)
3. Meeting up – whether you work at a large agency or work as a sole trader, making new connections and finding new people to collaborate with is really important. At Silicon Beach you’ll spend two days with 180 like-minded individuals and the programme is interspersed with lots of opportunities to chat to them;
4. Get stuff – the speakers have each contributed an article full of useful opinions and things, that’s being made into a beautiful book and every attendee gets a copy. Not to mention leaflets and fliers have been banned from the goody bag, so expect useful stuff from all of the sponsors. And did anyone mention the free bar at the mid-conference social event?
5. Down time – when was the last time you took a few days out of the business to think about the business (as opposed to clients) and recharge your creative batteries?
There are other equally inspirational events taking place around the country through-out the year, but thanks to the generous sponsors, Silicon Beach 2013 is much more affordable. And Silicon Beach 2013 is also the only conference that takes place against the back-drop of the award-winning beaches of the UK’s first gigabit town (with free wifi).
Why don’t you reward yourself and your team, visit the website and buy yourself a ticket to Silicon Beach 2013. You won’t regret it.